Welcome.

On 6th April 2007 a very small piece of lawn was dug up, and a raised bed was made. It was sown with a few rows of vegetables. Late in 2009 we gained an half an allotment (plot 54B). What happens next??

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Office.

This was the view outside the house two days ago: it was beautiful.

Our Road and House 19th February 2010

The thick covering from Thursday night was melting fast. By Saturday afternoon it was nearly all gone: yesterday's panorama would have looked very different two hours later.

When we woke up this morning, however, it had been snowing again:
The Garden: 21st February 2010

Any plans to work on the plot were out.

By about 1.30pm, the roads and the sunny half of gardens had thawed, so I took a boot load of stuff (i.e. mainly junk) to the allotment. The road through the plots was a river of melt water: normal shoes would have been impossible. With wellies on I made it to the shed. The ground was the muddiest I have known it.

What I did do, however, was turn some of the junk into shelves for the shed, i.e. I chopped a pallet in half to make shelf ends, and stacked everything else up. What I've ended up with it a nice desk. Looks like I may have a summer office if I keep it tidy!

Inside the shed.

Back home, it was so warm (about +4C, but I had thermals on) that I decided to stay outside for a few hours and tidy the garden; a much neglected place since we've had the allotment. I didn't get back ache for once. A clear sign that the allotment is doing me some sort of good.

No comments:

Latest weather observations.