Welcome.

On 6th April 2007 a very small piece of lawn was dug up, and a raised bed was made. It was sown with a few rows of vegetables. Late in 2009 we gained an half an allotment (plot 54B). What happens next??

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Number 7

It's not a scene from the prisoner, but today I've been working on bed number 7, which will be roots. The trouble is that although I thought it was already cleared, once I started digging, I realised it was still full of bramble and some bindweed roots.

The weather was great for lots of digging... cold and sunny, with the bitter north wind being sheltered: I assume by trees and houses.

In just over two hours I managed to completely dig the bed ( approx 3x3m) and clear the major roots. After leveling and tamping down, I placed a row of old large water bottles over a row. They're not doing anything, but it looks as if there is something happening. I also marked out beds 6 and 8.
Bed 7: getting ready for Roots

In my extensive reading I've just found out that onions and legumes don't go well together: only three months late. The onions are doing so badly, I might move them any way!

Tomorrow is the big day........ the shed comes.

No comments:

Latest weather observations.