Welcome.

On 6th April 2007 a very small piece of lawn was dug up, and a raised bed was made. It was sown with a few rows of vegetables. Late in 2009 we gained an half an allotment (plot 54B). What happens next??

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Video and Cycle Tour

This morning for the first time since we had it, I cycled to the allotment, about 1.5 miles keeping off main roads.

The main activities were to continue lowering the soil in front of the shed and making beds there. The ground has a dip in it at the other end of the plot, so that is where the excess is going.

Any undug ground near the shed is still full of bind weed roots, so deep digging is necessary, and any soil moved has to be checked and sieved to ensure I'm not taking bindweed further up the plot. It's a slow job.

I was quite pleased that one bed is now made. It will probably be the sweet corn bed this year.

Rather than the usual photos, I've done a video tour. It's rather low quality off my phone, but it gives you and idea of what it's like. You can also see that I've finally got round to putting guttering on the shed (after a week of heavy rain!). The down pipe isn't in the final position yet, as I need to do more clearing at the side of the shed.

Enjoy the show.



Here is a still of the new bed:
Allotment new bed 3rd April

No comments:

Latest weather observations.